01. The people – a young well-educated population with one of the highest graduate levels in the state;
02. The attitude – people with an entrepreneurial flair and can do, solution orientated attitude to life and work;
03. The location – only an hour from Dublin and Belfast and adjacent to Ireland’s key economic M1 corridor;
04. The amenities ranging from sporting to cultural with something for everyone in the family
05. Including professional golf courses such as Concra Wood in Castleblayney and The Nuremore Golf and Country Club, Carrickmacross;
06. Great Schools County Monaghan schools are regularly in Ireland’s top performing schools in terms of their students’ progression to university and third level. In recent years the county’s schools have competed successfully at provincial and national level in extra curricular activities such as debating, football, Young Social Innovators Awards and the BT Young Scientist of the Year awards.
07. A vibrant business community particularly in the agri-food and engineering sector with key national and global players, some of whom have a truly global reach e.g. Abbott Laboratories ABP Beef Processors; Monaghan Mushrooms; Combi Lift; Nestbox; Silver Hill Farm; Green Field Eggs; Mallon’s; Lakeland Diaries and Norbrook Pharmaceuticals to name just a few;
08. Spoilt for choice with pubs, hotels and restaurants throughout the county.
09. Superb fishing all over the county;
10. Ideal hill walking, cycling, hiking and horse-riding tracks and routes;
11. Festivals to beat the band;
12. National and International standard sports campus at the Peacelink in Clones. Home to one of Ireland’s most comprehensive sporting facilities including outdoor grass and 3G pitches for Gaelic, soccer, American baseball and Rugby as well as an athletic track and field events arena and indoor gym and basketball court;